My Carbon Dioxide Sane-Asylum

Well folks, here in the NorthEast U.S.of.A we're having a snowstorm!  That's right!  This time last year I was getting in some last minute VitD sessions in the back yard, but as of now there's around 5" of snow here.  Global warming?  Ha!  Don't get me started on that fiasco!!  :-)

My 10' lilacs are bent over to the ground as they still have their leaves.  My big maple looks to be OK but weighted down.  I managed to bring quite a bit of wood up onto our covered deck and to the small pile nearby that's covered with a tarp before this started.  It's supposed to be in the mid 40's tomorrow so this should all be gone almost as quickly as it came.  I'm just hoping and praying that the one limb of a tree at the corner of our lot (that they didn't cut when they came around over the summer for every other leaner on the block despite this one leaning on the power lines) holds.  It's really leaning big time over the street with all it's leaves in their grandeur.   I've shoveled the walk once and will need to do it again when hubby is set to arrive home.  In my sneakers no less b/c winter boots?  Where are those?  Gloves?  But meantime the fire's roaring!  

Hope y'all folks in the general vicissitude stay safe and warm!  Happy Saturday :-)




Comments

well, if you do get snowed in, you could always call Leptin Man. I'm sure he'd be happy to leap on over with a BAB and some bedding
Matthew said…
This might provide some amusement while your stuck in snows :) Guess who it is...

http://lockerz.com/s/151503401
CarbSane said…
OMG Matthew, that is toooooo funneeeeee!! Pretty wife (I presume) though.

Well, it was touch and go with a few whole-house flickers -- e.g. off long enough reset all the kitchen appliance clocks to blink -- but we didn't lose power. That was the big thing. A tree came down on the bottom of our road so hubby almost had to ditch the car and walk up the hill but he made it.

Gotta see if I can't fix the chainsaw today. The chain doesn't rotate and I think it got put in backwards.
Galina L. said…
I was thinking about you while watching news about the weather. Loss of power is almost the worst think in a bad weather. Glad you are spared. It was amazing to see the snow covering green leaves - autumn colors were skippered! Wonder what kind of winter is coming.